Another one of our specialities. And an area where complete knowledge is required or failure won't be far away. Open rates, bounce rates, subject lines, technical delivery, broadcasting, database cleansing, geo-targeting content, goal conversions, split testing. There all important.
A few facts for you;
- Research shows that 69% of companies are sending HTML emails in 2005 compared to 47% in 2002.
- In the UK, weekends and evenings are the most popular times to check personal emails (before 10am and after 6pm).
- 19% of recipients will delete an email unread if it fails to render/display correctly.
- The From line is more important than Subject Line, with 66% finding content of the From line most influential in compelling them to open against 29% for subject line length.
- Offers not attractive enough was cited by nearly half of respondents (46%) as reason to not interact with an email. Followed by security at 43% and Emails too long at 26%.
- B2C email recipients prefer Friday (31%) and Wednesday (26%) (open rates).
- Recipients are more likely to open emails which use personalised subject lines and messages.
- Personalise the salutation.
- Ensure the default is 'Dear subscriber'.
- Include a prominent 'send to a friend' link.
- Feature social network bookmarks.
- Have alt text on images for screen readers.
- Be designed with preview panes in mind.
- Display an equal balance between text and images .
- Be sent from your normal company domain.
- Sell but tell - steer clear of powerful objectives.
- Include a subject line longer than 50-70 characters.
- Use italics, large font, UPPERCASE.
- Hide call to actions below the fold.
- Use CSS in the code as this will effect rendering.